lunes, 14 de marzo de 2011

How I met Mr. Jones


I was new in the city. Our contact in San Francisco told me to meet him at the old café called "Apollo cafe" in Fell Street.
Johanna, my room-mate, told me that city was noisy and full of cars and people doing their own no matter the time. I lokked out the window and I see it was so. A lot of people down the street. Business men, young people and traffic. Too much traffic. In fact the limits between the sidewalk and the road semmed to be not cleared for the walkers.
Johanna wanted to prepare me for the meeting. She was qualified to do this kind of things. And at first I didn't want because my travel has been so long and I was tired. Johanna insisted nevertheless and finally I accepted. After two hours of her techniques I was prepared to do anything. She said: "Let's go Sir", and withour my glance, she knew my answer. I didn't know what she has done to me, but that guy wasn't me. He was a self-secure man who only cares one thing: Make his commission.

We went out to the street. It must be the nine-odd of the evening and the weather was calm.
I remember to be thinking about the smells of San Francisco. -It must be smelly with all this pollution- I said, but fortunately and spite of that, It smells very well (but maybe because of the three bakeries in arround 5 metres of distance each others).
Anyway. We walked throught the old town untill arrive to the according meeting point. Johanna, however, left me alone three streets earlier.

And there was me, standing up in front the door. A lot of thoughts came to me speedly. I had to do It? Was It the correct form to do It?
But if you are in this situation ever, you must NOT thing about nothing. Just do it.
So I opened the small and older door, and at the end of the room, in the last table, having some alcoholic coffe was him. A second after he saw me, he vanished in front my eyes.

And that's how I met Mr.Jones

No hay comentarios: